Grade 3 Parts of Speech Worksheets
As a teacher, you might think of ways in which you can use Worksheets for Third Grade as an alternative to typical workbooks. Students may not know that worksheets can help them succeed at the end of the school year. These can give them a foundation for their next year of school. Some students find that they do better if they can put what they learn into words. Others enjoy working on their own with a professional team. Sometimes, students find that the worksheets help them get a better understanding of something they are studying.
Worksheets for Third Grade have many benefits for students. First, they can help them in their transition from Kindergarten to First Grade. When they take the worksheets to school, they can help them in spelling words that they may find difficult. Many times, students will simply give up if they do not find a word easy to spell. With these worksheets, they can find a word that they have trouble with and get some practice in.
Second, they can be used to test themselves. During the third grade year, most students will be tested on one or two subjects. It is important that all students have a good grasp of those subjects before moving to the fourth grade. Some students find that they excel at certain subjects and others struggle. With a worksheet, they can take their best subject and see how they did against their peers. There are also some worksheets that are designed for families who are trying to teach kids in the home.
Other parts of speech worksheets for third grade
These worksheets provide further practice on the mixed use of nouns, verbs and adjectives in sentences and stories; we also introduce the use of conjunctions to connect words and clauses.
Nouns, verbs & adjectives practice
- Nouns that are also verbs – write two sentences, using the word as a noun then as a verb
- Noun, adjective or verb? – some words can be a noun, adjective or a verb, depending on context.
- Complete the story – complete the text with the proper parts of speech
- And, but & so – complete the text with the conjunctions and, but or so
- Identify conjunctions – identify the conjunctions and, or, but, so, yet in sentences
- Connecting words – combine the sentences using and, or, but
- Coordinating conjunctions – create compound sentences with a conjunction and a comma
- Subordinating conjunctions – create complex sentences with subordinating conjunctions