Grade 2 Verbs Worksheets – Verb worksheets for second grade can help your child or teenager learn the four basic verbs. These are: present, imperfect, perfect and past tense. You can also learn the part of speech and vocabulary in this lesson. This is a great teaching tool that you can use to assist your child with learning verbs.
These worksheets are available for your second grade classroom as a resource for instruction and study. Using these lessons helps your child or student to learn at their own pace, without the pressure of the teacher and will help them develop more confidence in their own abilities. They will become aware of what verbs they may use and how to work with them. This allows them to build a vocabulary on their own. By using the correct verb worksheets for second grade, they will also be able to build their speech and language skills, along with reading and writing.
These verb worksheets are now available online in many different formats for your student to utilize. Each worksheet has detailed instructions and uses a dictionary to help teach children and teens the different forms of the verb. The main purpose of this is to assist children and teens to understand what the different forms mean and to help build their confidence in their own abilities. Verb worksheets for second grade is a great tool to have in your classroom for helping children and students to build confidence in their own abilities. This is a wonderful tool to use in classroom situations to assist your child and to increase your child’s confidence.
Verb worksheets for second grade
These worksheets provide practice in using verbs properly. We also introduce conjugation of verbs, verbs ending in ‘ed” and ‘ing’, action and linking verbs, and verb tenses (past, present and future).
Identifying and using verbs
- Verbs and nouns – identify verbs and nouns in word lists
- Identifying verbs – circle the verbs in the sentences
- Writing verbs – identify verbs and write new sentences with verbs
- Using verbs – use verbs to complete sentences
- Linking verbs – classify verbs as action words or linking verbs
- Verbs ending in ‘ed’ and ‘ing’ – rewrite verbs with new endings
- Conjugating verbs – conjugate ‘to be’, ‘to go’, ‘to come’
- Commonly confused verbs – saw / seen; lie / lay / laid; is / are
- Past tense – rewrite sentences in the past tense (regular ‘ed’ verbs)
- Irregular verbs – match the past and present tense of irregular verbs
- Write irregular verbs – write the past tense of irregular verbs
- Past, present or future – is the action in the past, present or future?
- Verb tenses – rewrite verbs in past, present and future tenses