It is fairly easy to find a variety of Grade 2 Nouns Worksheets that will help you work through this process. But, be careful if you choose these because the worksheets often include a lot of grammar and spelling errors and not all of them can be trusted. I suggest that you visit an online dictionary.com and type in the term “noun” to see what results come up. Make sure that you are using reputable sites, ones that have been around for a while and are trusted by people.
There are sites that are very user friendly and those that are very difficult to use, so don’t force yourself to use it. If you want to see the worksheets, just go to a site like wordreference.com and type in the proper name of the grade. You will get a list of the names that have been included. Another option is to go to wiktionary.org. Here you will be able to find a list of nouns that you can type in.
Many of the sites that offer the grammar and spelling checkers can be found on the web site and you will be able to find one quickly. In addition, it would be helpful if you could keep track of the worksheets on your own in case you need to find something in the future. One last tip is to check out other websites online that offer worksheets for your kids.
Nouns worksheets for second grade
These worksheets review nouns as a person, place or thing, common and proper nouns, singular and plural forms of nouns, irregular nouns, and collective nouns. All worksheets are free and printable pdf files.
Identifying and using nouns
- Nouns as a person, place or thing – circle the words that are nouns
- Nouns in sentences – circle the nouns in each sentence
- Identifying & writing nouns – circle the nouns; write sentences with your own nouns
- Using nouns – complete the sentences using nouns from a word bank
Common and proper nouns
- Proper nouns – complete the story with proper nouns
- Common vs proper nouns – identify common and proper nouns in the sentences
Singular and plural nouns
- Singular vs plural nouns – identify which nouns are singular and which are plural
- Making nouns plural – add “s” or “es” to make the nouns plural
- Nouns ending in ‘y’ – Make nouns ending in ‘y’ plural.
- Nouns ending in a vowel plus ‘y’ – Make nouns ending in a vowel plus ‘y’ plural.
- Irregular plural nouns – match the singular and plural forms of irregular verbs
- Using irregular plural nouns – write the plural form of the irregular nouns in sentences
- Identify collective nouns -identify the collective nouns in the sentences
- Write collective nouns – complete the sentences with collective nouns